Now that the Rugby World Cup has finished, I have been suffering from what I like to call SRW – Severe Rugby Withdrawal. For those of us here in the Southern Hemisphere, and Australia in particular, the only thing to look forward to in the next 6 weeks is a half-hearted Wallabies tour to the UK!!
So in order to keep sane and wait for the Super Rugby season to start in 2012, I have put together a list of ways to keep the rugby depression at bay!
1. Choose another competition and team to support overseas. With the Aviva Premiership, LV, Heineken Cup and Top 14 in full swing in the north, there really is no excuse not to get involved. I personally support the reigning premiers in the Aviva Premiership, Saracens, but don’t let me sway you in your choice 🙂
2. For those of you with games recorded from either the RWC, Super Rugby or Currie Cup, set aside some time to replay your favourite match.
3. Visit YouTube and find as many rugby videos as possible. Or alternatively visit RugbyDump who have done all the hard work for you.
4. If you aren’t on Twitter already, get online and join in the rugby bant with punters and players alike.
5. Finally, meet your rugby friends for coffee and talk about the good old days!
How have you been keeping SRW at bay?